Host a fundraising event
Holding an event at your school or early learning centre is a great way to bring your community together and give people the opportunity to support Dolly’s Dream.
School fundraising ideas
And, for the traditional gold coin donation
- Paint a tree branch blue and make love hearts with kindness quotes to hang on the tree.
- Have a blue wall display and decorate it with Dolly’s Dream butterflies and bunting.
- Dress in blue day! Wear bright blue socks, hair ties, ribbon, arm bands, change your shoe laces to blue.
- Receive a kindness card that says ‘pay it forward’. Ask students to do something kind for someone and then give them the card to ‘pay it forward’.
- Do a big display of handprints, with what kindness means to them inside. These handprints can then be made into big butterfly wings which will be scattered around the school.
- Hold a Staff vs Students netball or football game.
- Hosting a BBQ lunch.
- Have a blue hairspray stall.
- Have a blue cupcake and muffin stall.
- Make crosswords and word searches about kindness.
- Play the the line up music to Tom Curtain’s Speak Up.
- Hold a free dress day, and encourage students to come in ‘What makes you you’.
- Have a walkathon with friends and school buddies around the oval.
- Cook up a blue pancake breakfast.
- Make origami butterflies in different shades of blue that can be put on display.
- Arrange a colouring in competition.
- Have the Dolly’s Dream webpage on screen all day, giving students a chance to click and learn about Dolly’s Dream.
Early learning centre fundraising ideas for a gold coin donation
Do It For Dolly Colour Explosion Fun Run
Do It For Dolly and register your school or Early Learning Centre to participate in our Colour Explosion Fun Run! The most colourful fun run day you and your students can have, all while fundraising for Dolly’s Dream and creating a day that gives your centre or school community the opportunity to spread kindness and say no to bullying. Participation can be a time of your choice in Term 1 or Term 2 of the 2022 school year.
We will be providing a range of Kindness Activities for early learning centres, primary and secondary schools. We will contact all registered participants once these are ready to download on the website.
Online kindness session
Dolly’s Dream will be facilitating a short online session for schools about kindness in the lead up to Do It For Dolly Day. More details will be provided in early 2022, but make sure you tick the interested box on the registration page to be kept updated.